Engineering Leader - Cloud Platform
We are developing the world’s first enterprise-level Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) for robots, creating a rare opportunity for an experienced, product-focused engineering professional. Our PaaS aims to offer innovative features to handle every part of the product life cycle required to aid and deliver robust, scalable, and state-of-the-art robotics solutions to the end user. You will lead the teams that are developing some of the core software components of our platform.
Your responsibilities will include the following but not limited to:
- Run day to day operations of a medium-sized engineering team of around 15 members
- Collaborate closely with the product manager(s) to plan the engineering delivery, manage the project progress and take ownership for engineering delivery
- Actively participate in enhancing the design of existing software components to improve their functionality and performance
- Contribute to core processes and best practices both team-wide and company-wide.
- Promote a learning-centered work culture and help hire/grow a world-class engineering team
- Identify opportunities for improvements in engineering processes and make relevant recommendations to the management
- Maintain a high level of communication with cross-functional teams and partners
- Manage the hiring needs of the team.
- Being a career guide for the team and enable the career growth for each member of the team.
- Be the face of the engineering team inside and outside the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience with an outstanding track record
- At least 8-10 years of relevant work experience with 6-7 years as an individual contributor
- Experience in leading high-profile teams of 5-10 engineers for at least 2 years.
- Advanced knowledge in of one or more of the programming languages including but not limited to Golang, Java, C/C++, Python
- Experience in database technologies, RDBMS and NoSQL
- Experience in designing large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience with container management platforms such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, or Apache Mesos
- Experience handling back-end data aggregation pipelines
- Exposure to DevOps and continuous deployment practice
- Startup experience
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- International working environment
- Bleeding edge technology
- Working with exceptionally talented engineers
Start date: Available immediately