Robotics Software Engineering Intern
Rapyuta Robotics is seeking talented, and ambitious individuals with a can-do attitude to help revolutionize robotics. We’re creating a whole new generation of multi-agent aerial- and ground-based mobile robotic platforms with access to an inexhaustible supply of data and processing capabilities, that is the Cloud. Our units will be capable of working autonomously and collaboratively, learning from their own collective experiences and continuously improving upon themselves.
- Apply skills in robotic systems design, embedded software development, and general engineering principles to develop mobile robotic systems
- Automate assembly diagnostic tests and device configurations
- Assist in developing device drivers for various sensors, actuators, memory units, and computational units
- Implement intra- and inter-processor communication pipelines on mobile, memory- and computationally-constrained devices
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Software engineering, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience with an outstanding track record
- At least 3 years of experience in developing software using C++ with a strong understanding of their common data structures and algorithms
- Experience and knowledge in controlling and integrating robotic systems
- Experience with programming on embedded systems
- Able to commit for 4 months or more as an intern
- Strong understanding of one of Control and Dynamical Systems, Machine Learning, or Computer Vision
- Experience with ROS
- Experience with a Linux development environment, e.g. CMake, GDB, Git, Ubuntu, etc.
- Participant in robotic competitions or contributions to open source projects
Location: Tokyo, Japan